How do you describe good weather?
Describing the weather
good, great, nice, fine, lovely, beautiful, wonderful, excellent, gorgeous, fair, pleasant, balmy; … a spell of good weather; a two-day spell of sunny weather; a spell of rainy weather; Sky: cloudy, overcast, cloudless, clear, bright, blue, gray (BrE grey), dark; a patch of blue sky.
How do you compliment weather?
Words used to describe calm and pleasant weather – thesaurus
- calm. adjective. if the weather is calm, there is very little wind.
- calm. noun. a state in which there is no wind, so that the sea does not move very much.
- clear. adjective. …
- clement. adjective. …
- cloudless. adjective. …
- equable. adjective. …
- fair. adjective. …
- fine. adjective.
How do you say about weather?
They are all polite and friendly ways to speak about the weather in a way that isn’t so dry and boring.
- Beautiful day, isn’t it?
- Can you believe all of this rain we’ve been having?
- It looks like it’s going to storm.
- We couldn’t ask for a nicer day, could we?
- How about this weather?
- It’s so nice out today, isn’t it?
Which words can go with weather?
What is another word for good weather?
Hypernym for Good weather:
clemency, mildness, calmness.
What is today’s weather quote?
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. …
- Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. …
- Nature is so powerful, so strong. …
- I love the rain.
How do you say heavy rain in English?
Similar to tipping down, bucketing down is another way to describe heavy rain. In its quite literal sense, it’s rain as if somebody is standing over your head pouring a bucket of water on you.
How do you say the weather is hot?
15 Wonderful Regional Expressions for Describing Warm Weather
- HOTTER THAN DUTCH LOVE.
- IT’S A BARN-BURNER.
- HOT ENOUGH TO SCALD A LIZARD.
- THE HEAT’S ON.
- IT’S A HUMDINGER.
- HOTTER THAN A STOLEN TAMALE.
- SHE SURE IS A-BEAMIN’
- AWFUL SELSERY.
What is weather very short answer?
Weather is the day-to-day state of the atmosphere, and its short-term variation in minutes to weeks. People generally think of weather as the combination of temperature, humidity, precipitation, cloudiness, visibility, and wind.
What are 4 types of weather?
Weather is the atmospheric condition of a given place and time. Types of weather include sunny, cloudy, rainy, windy, and snowy.
How do you say the weather is bad?
Describing bad weather
How do you ask the weather in English?
Some questions you might hear
- Is it hot or cold?
- Is it sunny, should I take sunglasses?
- Is it raining outside?
- Should I take my umbrella?
- What’s the weather forecast?
- What’s the weather expected to be tomorrow?
- What’s the temperature?
- How’s the weather?
What words describe climate?
Here are some adjectives for climate: shabby temperate, perpetual tropical, predominantly hot and humid, predominantly hot, gentle maritime, brighter and sunnier, somewhat tropical, now tropical, already near-lethal, generous tropical, hot and extremely bright, temperate, healthy, salubrious and delightful, harsh, …
How do you describe morning weather?
The morning was cold and wet with a brisk wind sweeping the rain across the land. A flash of forked lightning and a great clap of thunder came close upon each other. Thunder roared and lightning flashed across the sky.